Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pirate Valentine Decor

My first ever Valentine's decoration!


Also, my first ever rolled fabric flowers.  Not sure they turned out exactly as they are supposed to, but I had a blast making them.  That's the most important thing, right?  (not really, but it makes me feel better...)


We had a couple of friends over the other night.  I may have shrilled a little with excitement when I showed them my very simple, very inexpensive Valentine's decor.  They responded very kindly, first by ignoring my shrills, and then second by saying, "Wow.  You are so incredibly creative and ridicously good looking."  OK...I made up the "good looking" part, but they really did say the part about me being creative. 

With as much humility as a good looking person like myself could muster, I said, "I'm not really all that creative.  I just copy other creative peoples' creative ideas."  This frame, for example, is using this free printable here from The Bonjour Family and the rolled flower frame idea from my creative departure


When he learned this frame was not my original idea, my handsome hubby chimed in, "Leslie is a craft pirate, not a craft pioneer."  To that I could only respond, "Arrrrrrrgh, matey."

Stay tuned, blog friends.  Hopefully by tomorrow, I will have a little treat for you.  I don't want to give it away, but....well, it's a free printable.  OK.  I just gave it away.

Happy Almost Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your messages make my day!