Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Cupcake Liner Wreath

I'm so grateful for really cool craft blogs like Tatertots and Jello and all her cool ideas...like the cupcake liner wreath!  How cool is this?!?  I'll admit, it took me two episodes of House plus a significant part of the Superbowl to make this, but I really like how it turned out.  It reminds me of the way carnations look when they are arranged all together.
 

I was really excited to take the opportunity to make a few different flowers to embellish the wreath.  Since I took up sewing, I haven't crocheted much, so I decided I had to make at least one crocheted flower.  The other flowers are rolled fabric and felt. 


Can you see me in the pic below?  In front of the house...early this morning...in my pajamas...ugh...


My 4 year old buddy decided he wanted to jump in on the Valentine's decorating as well.  He took my left over ribbon and twisted and tied it to the stove to make a pretty little piece of Vday decor.  I think he's the next Nate Berkus, don't ya think?


Here's what he has to say about his design style:

qwertyui9ihhggbhy7yujjhfdfdfdfdfddfddfdfhjjkkr5fgttdtdtfdffxfc4vggvdvdcgdfggvffcvvdvdvdvdvvfdv

Happy Valentine's Day to all...and to all a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Love your flowers soo much!!!

    Yep he is the next nate berkus! i loved how he described his design style! so profound!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Your messages make my day!