Friday, January 14, 2011

10 Minute Painting


Today I painted.  I didn't get much done, of course.  I painted for a grand total of 10 minutes.  I laid a creamy foundation on the canvas I hope to hang above my sewing desk (to be revealed at a later time!).

Many folks have asked me how in the world I get anything creative done with three kiddos.  The answer is: 10 minutes at a time.


I've had this canvas for several months and have actually come close to applying paint to it several times.  A while ago, I saw this painting at World Market and decided I'd like to make one just like it (but $80 cheaper).  We'll see how it turns out.    


If you look very closely at the bottom left hand corner, you can see little scribbles by my little 19 month old gremlin, Scout.  She climbed up on a stool while I was on the computer and went to work.  She's a little artist in the making.  I know this because she has scribbled on just about every surface of my home.

Here's to hoping for 10 more minutes tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your messages make my day!