Thursday, January 13, 2011

Simple Felt Stocking

Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuujah!


Finally.  Two weeks after Christmas, I finish my first Christmas stocking!  I am embarrassed to say that I actually bought the materials to make stockings during Christmas of 2009.  I had every intention this past Christmas (2010) to make a stocking for each of the five fine folks in our family, but never got around to it.

The devil on my shoulder prodded me to hold it off another year, but after writing out my New Year's Craft-olutions, I realized that I just needed to get it done now.

I really like the way this one turned out.  My plan is to make very simple felt stockings similar to the ones I adore (but can not afford) at Hable Construction.  My only wish is that I could afford nicer felt in cooler colors.  But, good wool felt is so stinkin' expensive!  I don't know how you felt junkies do it.

So, one down...four to go.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your messages make my day!